Verizon Selects Blueforce for Operation Convergent Response 2018
In any crisis – whether a natural disaster, a terror attack or an industrial catastrophe – every second counts. That’s why Verizon and Nokia are again hosting, in collaboration with the Guardian Centers and Aegex Technologies, a second annual live scenario event that puts the latest crisis response innovations in first responders’ hands to help save lives – Operation Convergent Response 2018 (#OCR2018). Being held Nov. 5-8, 2018 at the Guardian Centers in Perry, Ga., USA, #OCR2018 will once again bring together dozens of innovative companies to showcase their technologies that can enhance crisis response operations.
When every second counts, it’s critical that first responders know the emerging technologies that are available and understand how they can be used in the event of an emergency,” said Jeff Schweitzer, Verizon’s asymmetrical solutions architect. “By convening leaders in technology, public safety and emergency response, we are able to uniquely support first responders through in-depth, immersive training and hands-on experiences.”
Blueforce is proud to have been selected for Operation Convergent Response 2018 and the Subway Terrorist Attack high intensity crisis scenario. The Blueforce Hyper Enabled Responder will be front and center applied to a subway bombing with a secondary chemical release, and will feature the following mission critical sensors and services for subterranean operations:
1. Silvus Streamcasters for wireless subT mesh communications, PTT, and streaming responder video
2. BlueforceTACTICAL for Human and K9 Responders providing fused and secure sharing of:
- PATRIOT Hybrid PAPR/SCBA from Wilcox Industries
- Inertial/GPS Denied tracking
- ALTAIR multi-gas sensors from MSA Safety
- GammaPix and Thermo Fisher gamma radiological sensors
- Physiological monitoring via Samsung GEAR S3 smartwatches
- Military Working Dog/K9 low light IR imagers
- Recognitional cognitive services to the palm of the hand
- Native Verizon device sensors to include accelerometer, gyroscope, signal, and cameras
3. BlueforceCOMMAND for the single pane of glass operational view for forward command
We hope you will join us. Registration is free through 30 September and to signup, click here to the Registration Page.