Today’s threats, whether to business or national security, are rapidly changing and geographically diffuse. Publicly available data can contain a wealth of valuable information. The Internet is a living source of intelligence that can help you pre-empt and mitigate threats by leveraging information from public and unclassified sources. Harnessing the power of aggregated open-source information can turbo-charge predictive, preventive, and investigative processes.
Nearly every internet resource provides a standards-based interface via RSS and/or ATOM. This interface allows for persistent monitoring of site content, even as people are posting and site content morphs in real time. Easy to use, fast, and scalable, Blueforce Crawler V2.0 is our next generation open-source intelligence (OSINT) application for real-time monitoring of websites, news feeds, blogs, and other RSS-based information resources for topics of interest to the Blueforce Crawler enduser. Simply create one or more Crawler profiles and Blueforce Crawler monitors the internet for you and provides configurable feeds with crawler results to your phone or your desktop.
Blueforce Crawler 2.0 Features
- Any number of crawler profiles each featuring multiple target locations and search terms
- Configurable crawl intervals: Multi-threaded crawling of multiple targets and profiles on a user-defined time interval
- And/or boolean search criteria
- “All” and “Diff” Publishing: Every crawl publishes a feed of “all” hits, as well as a “diff” feed that publishes new items since the previous crawl
- Multiple Consumption Methods: View results within Crawler, publish output using FTP, or push “diffs” to a public or private Twitter feed
- Publish via FTP and/or local file write
- Ability to create profiles that crawl multiple crawler outputs allowing sub-searches across internal compartments
- Information Collection
- Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)
- Business Intelligence
- Threat Feeds
- Brand Monitoring
- Commercial and Competitive Intelligence
Blueforce Crawler 2.0 is also available as a hosted, managed service. Please contact us for additional information.
Date of Release: 11/14/2011
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, or WIN7 (.NET Framework 4.0 or higher)
- MEMORY/STORAGE: 64MB RAM, 50MB of storage
- Internet connection, 56Kbps or higher for crawling and FTP publishing
- FTP account for RSS feed publishing
- Twitter account for Twitter publishing