Updated 31 August 2017
Effective Date; Changes
When you use our Service, we:
- do not collect personally identifiable information without your knowledge and permission,
- take reasonable steps to protect the security of the personally identifiable information we collect from you, and
- do not disclose personally identifiable information to third parties unless you have authorized us to do so, except that, (i) in the event of a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of the company, we may disclose personally identifiable information we hold to the other parties to the transaction; (ii) we may provide such information to our third party contractors to help provide the Service to our users; and (iii) we may use and disclose your personally identifiable information where we believe in good faith that the law or legal process requires us to do so or to investigate, prevent or take action concerning illegal activities, fraud, violation of our terms of service or end user license agreement(s) or where we believe is necessary to protect the rights or property of Company, our users, and third parties.
Information Collection and Use
We collect information from our users and their computers when they use our Sites. We collect both personally identifiable and non‐personally identifiable information. We may also collect information from our users when they request support (including support for our Software) or make inquiries about our products or services. We own all information we collect from our users.
We may ask you to provide us with personally identifiable information at various points while you use our Sites, such as when you purchase products or services from us. Examples of the types of information we may collect include: your name, street address, phone or fax number, e‐mail address, and credit card or bank account information. We may use the personally identifiable information you provide about yourself to fulfill your requests for products and services, to contact you about your account, to complete and support your activities, to respond to your inquiries about our offerings, and to customize the content of our Sites.
If you have given us permission, we may use your e‐mail address and other personally identifiable information to provide you with information about products and services we believe may be of interest to you, and our third-party service providers may access your information in order to assist with the foregoing. However, we do not sell or otherwise provide your information to third parties for their marketing purposes. We also collect non‐personally identifiable information, including information about the way in which our Sites are used. This non‐personally identifiable information includes information stored in the log files for our Sites. We may use this information to improve and tailor the content of our Sites, and we may share this information with others, including our partners, customers, and prospective customers.
Use of Service Information, Generally
In addition to the uses described above, we use the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information that we collect about you as follows:
- We will use submitted information and collected information as necessary to provide the features and functionality of the Service to you.
- We use submitted information and collected information to personalize the content that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
- We may analyze collected information relating to your use of the Service in order to help us improve the Service and develop and improve other products and services.
Disclosure of Information
We will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission except to the extent necessary to:
- fulfill your requests for service,
- protect the security of our Service and Sites,
- protect ourselves from liability,
- where we believe is necessary to protect our rights or property, our users, and third parties,
- prevent or investigate suspected illegal activities and respond to legal process and comply with law, or
We may share anonymous, statistical information about users of our Sites with third parties, including our vendors, customers, potential customers, and corporate partners. We do not link this statistical information to any personally identifiable information, or to any identifiable individual. We may contract with contractors or other companies to ship orders and to bill users for goods and services. We also may contract with other companies in order to provide some of the services we offer to visitors to our Sites. If we do so, we will share your name and personally identifiable information with these companies to the extent necessary to provide you with the service you have requested, and we will encourage the other companies to treat the information in a manner consistent with this policy. In addition, we may partner with other companies to provide users with third party products and services. When you sign up for these services, we will share your name and any other personally identifiable information that the other companies require to provide their products or services.
We use the information in our server log files to analyze trends in the usage of our Sites, to administer and maintain our Sites, to track, anonymously, a user’s path through our Sites, and to gather broad demographic statistics about our Sites and the ways in which they are used. The information in these files includes the IP addresses of visitors to our Sites, the files and Web pages they request, the Web sites from which they may have been referred to our Sites, and information about the type of browser they use and some of its settings. We do not link any of this information, including IP addresses, to personally identifiable information Marketing Materials and Newsletters We believe that user choice and consent are important privacy values.
Choices Regarding Third-Party Offers
To the extent we send you commercial e-mails regarding third-party marketing or promotional materials, we will give you the ability to opt-out of receiving such e-mails in accordance with applicable law. We will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
Security Measures Related to Your Information
We take reasonable measures to protect the security of personally identifiable information we hold about you. These measures include encrypting sensitive information during transmission, limiting the number of our employees who have access to personally identifiable information, requiring employees with access to personally identifiable information to take appropriate measure to safeguard it, and storing your information in secure places that are protected using standard security technologies.
Notification of Changes in Policy
Online Behavioral Advertising
The Sites may enable third-party tracking mechanisms to collect your non-personally identifiable information for use in online behavioral advertising. For example, third parties may use the fact that you visited the Sites to send online ads for our services to you on third party websites. In addition, our third-party advertising networks might use information about your use of the Sites to help target third party advertisements based on your online behavior in general. For information about behavioral advertising practices, including privacy and confidentiality, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising or the Digital Advertising Alliance website at www.aboutads.info.
The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information. However, no security measures are 100% effective and we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information.
Transfer to the U.S. or other Countries
We are established in and use facilities in the United States. Your information will be stored and processed in the United States or other countries where Company has facilities. By using the Service, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country, even if your country has more rigorous data protection standards.
Children Under 13
We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 and the Service is intended for adults over the age of 18. If you are a parent and believe that your child under the age of 13 has used the Service and provided personally identifiable information to us through the Sites, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work to delete that Service account and any such personally identifiable information.