Are you a QA/Support Engineer?
Blueforce is looking for a motivated QA/Support Engineer to join our rapidly growing team in Newburyport, Massachusetts. The QA/Support Engineer will perform quality assurance testing and also serve as a frontline resource for post-sale customer support. S/he will also serve as a resource for pre-sale product installation (for proof-of-value customer evaluations), post-sale product installation and configuration, and also provide virtual product support for our sales team and our channels as a key pre-sale technical resource. The QA/Support Engineer must be able to articulate our technology and product positioning to both business and technical users and be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the pre-sales, deployment, and post-sales support process.
- Primary role is to support our Quality Assurance initiatives by performing product testing according to test scripts.
- Document issues and solutions in the Knowledge Base; Manage and maintain Knowledgebase articles based on lessons learned in your competency area(s).
- Assist in the installation and configuration of our technology during customer and partner engagements.
- Become a Product Specialist/SME across all our product lines.
- Support our sales and channels organization as a “pre-sales” technical resource to answer any product-specific technical questions posed by prospects and/or potential channel partners.
- As needed, serve as a front-line technical support engineer for our customer and partner base.
- Drive successful closure of post-sale customer and partner technical issues within predetermined SLAs.
- Convey customer requirements to Product Management teams as well as deliver post-sales mission support through installation and customer enablement support.
- This role is based in our Newburyport, MA HQ
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with an ability to test and support software on mobile devices, desktop and mobile operating systems, a possess a solid understanding of current network technologies. Candidate must be comfortable in non-predictable environments as well as the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. The ideal candidate likes interacting with other people and possesses good written and communications skills. Ideal candidate will be curious about new technology and is organized and analytical.
- 2-3 years of experience in Information Technology industry w/excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Customer facing experience is an advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar preferred, but will consider technical school and life experience. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Experience with Windows, Android, and iOS as well as wireless technologies is required.
- Team player with a positive attitude as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills