Blueforce Announces Support for Samsung SmartThings Station
Samsung SmartThings is a smart “consumer” platform that allows users to connect and control various smart devices within their homes. The SmartThings ecosystem includes a central hub known as the SmartThings Hub or Station, along with a mobile app for device control. Most important to the SmartThings ecosystem is the hundreds of consumer sensors that can be leveraged by the hub and spoke architecture afforded by the SmartThings Hub and Station. Some of the general benefits include:
- Device Compatibility: The SmartThings Hub is designed to work with a wide range of smart devices, including lights, thermostats, sensors, cameras, and more. This versatility allows users to create a connected and cohesive smart home environment.
- Centralized Control: The hub serves as a central control point for all connected devices. Users can manage and control their smart home devices through the SmartThings app, offering a convenient way to monitor and adjust settings.
- Automation and Scenes: SmartThings allows users to create automation routines and scenes. This means you can set up your devices to perform specific actions automatically based on triggers, such as time of day, motion detection, or other conditions.
- Interoperability: Samsung SmartThings is designed to work with devices from a variety of manufacturers. This interoperability is beneficial for users who have a mix of smart devices from different brands.
- Security and Monitoring: SmartThings supports various security devices, such as door/window sensors and motion detectors. Users can receive notifications and monitor their homes remotely through the app.
Increasingly, Blueforce sees small business and in some cases, large brands, adopting SmartThings given the wide range of inexpensive and even “disposable” sensors supported by the Smart Things consumer platform. Still, to date there has been no true connectivity between SmartThings and non-SmartThings sensors or orchestration targets. Until now.
When a large home furniture manufacturer came to us inquiring if Smart Things could be used for in-store vignettes (ala “living rooms”, “dining room”) for lighting, MagicINFO Display manipulation, scents, and more, we said “of course”.
Blueforce is thrilled to announce our new Samsung SmartThings Plugin for BlueforceEDGE V1.0. The plugin allows SmartThings hubs and “stations” to serve as sensing hubs with interconnectivity to enterprise-grade sensors, AI algorithms, and orchestration using the BlueforceEDGE Orchestration engine to dynamically change a retail environment based on SmartThings sensors, but also enduser interactions with the SmartThings Station. To learn more, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 866-960-0204.